Most of our customers transfer their domain to us, because they experience some difficulties with their registrars. For example, their registrars register domains with the information of their company, overcharges the renewals, leave their costumers without notification when the domain expires. Also after the transfer, you will be able to renew your hosting package with us along with your domain at once.
Another reason for transferring your domain to us is to easily manage your domain settings such as – name servers, contact information, administrative information, name, address, phone number, DNS settings from your Client Area. We shall also extend the expiration period of your domain with one additional year after the transfer has completed.
If you prefer to transfer your domain name from GoDaddy, you may follow these steps to prepare your domain for the transfer:
1. Log in your GoDaddy Account Manager
2. Go to Domain Names section -> My Domains -> Domains
3. Choose the desired domain for transfer and click on the manage link next to it.
4. Enter your login details on the page
5. Now you should cancel the Domain by proxy function, then confirm the modifications.
6. Open My Products -> Domains
7. Click on the checkbox on the domain which you prefer to transfer
8. Click on the Locking link above
9. Deselect the domain/s which you want to transfer
10. Confirm the modifications
11. Open again My products -> Domains
12. Click on the domain which you want to transfer and in the Authorization code click on the send via email -> click on OK button twice.
Now you should allow some time (up to 24 hours) for the changes to take effect, then you will be able to initiate the transfer of your domain name to UltaHost
In order to transfer your domain, you may visit your Client area -> Domains -> Transfer domain. The transfer usually takes 5-7 business days.