Taking a snapshot of your VPS hosting server is a great way to safeguard your data and keep your server running optimally. With a snapshot, you can quickly revert back to the state of the system at any given time, allowing you to troubleshoot or restore any changes or data that have been lost due to an unexpected event. To take a snapshot of your VPS hosting server using Ultahost, simply follow these steps:
- Log into the Ultahost dashboard, navigate to the “Services” tab, and select your “VPS plan“.
- Once your VPS product page is loaded, scroll down to the SnapShot tab and click on it.
- Click on the “Take Snapshot” button on the top of your snapshot tool.
- Specify a name for this snapshot and optionally add a description for better organization if required.
- Note: If you want to keep the RAM state of the VM when doing the snapshot, then you should keep it enabled. Otherwise, you can exclude it and only a disk snapshot will be made.
- Review all selected options one last time before proceeding to take the snapshot and press on the “Confirm” Button when you are ready.
- The process may take several minutes depending on the size of your disk partitions and what’s being included in the snapshot – once completed, its status will appear as “ACTIVE” in your list of snapshots for that specific VPS hosting server instance!
It is also important to remember that when taking a snapshot, all files and processes on the server will be frozen until the action is completed. Therefore, it is best to take snapshots when there is less activity occurring on the server so as not to interrupt any services or processes while they are taking place.
Taking snapshots of your VPS hosting server is an easy way to be prepared for any unexpected issues that could occur in the future – so make sure to use this feature regularly as part of your backup strategy!
Ultahost can speed up your websites to 300% with our next-generation servers which use Nvme disks, all our VPS / VDS plans comes with a Free snapshots tool and unlimited bandwidth, and 24/7 support, with unlimited free server migrations from any host.
Head to ultahost.com to get started!