When the idea of your start-up project crystallizes, you will, first of all, have the stage of choosing the name of the company, which is simple, but important.
The name of the company is what will be ingrained in the minds of the customers, and by which your company will be known for a very long time. In this topic, we will learn about the factors that must be taken into account when choosing a company name, and what are the most important tips for choosing the most appropriate name for the company and the most appropriate for the nature of its work.
Factors to consider when choosing a company name:
1. The process of choosing a company name is not done randomly, the name must be related to and suggestive of the service provided by the company or the final product, for example, OnlineTickets, as well as Afire.org, and Canny.io are names associated with the company’s business activity.
2. The company’s lawyer must verify the commercial records that the name chosen is not registered for another company.
3. There are a number of websites that can be relied upon in the process of choosing a company name, including:
- Shopify Business Name Generator: This site suggests names for the company and makes sure that this name is not chosen in favor of another company.
- NameMesh: This site suggests unique names for the startup.
- NameLix: This site suggests the name of the company based on what this company will offer to its customers
The most important tips in the process of choosing a company name:
- The name should be short and easy to pronounce: The company name should not be complicated, ambiguous, or difficult to pronounce. It is also preferable that the company name consists of one or two words at most, for example “Apple” “Google”. The name should not include abbreviations that may not be known to everyone, such as using the number “8” instead of the word “ate” or using the number “4” instead of the word “for”.
- The name should not be restricted and specific: that is, the name of the company does not conflict with the possibility of commercial, economic and expansionary growth of the company in the future. The commercial name to include other types, then the name of the company will be limited to only one type in exchange for the types that this company produces.
- Use of .com: Many customers’ trusts .com instead of .net, .org, or something else. There are many sites that allow you to make sure that this name does not belong to anyone, and one of them is UltaHost.
- In the event that the name you want is owned by another person, you can reach its owner and negotiate to sell it to you at a price that satisfies both parties.
- That the name is attractive: Try to make the name of your company distinctive, unique, non-repetitive and uncommon in order to be ingrained in the minds of customers.
- Check that the name does not have any negative meaning other than its intended meaning, either in the same language or in other languages.
- Make sure that the name you choose is not present on all social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter in order to avoid any confusion that customers may fall into and confuse your company with other pages with the same name.
- The trade name will later turn into a logo (Logo) because visual things are more focused in the minds of customers than words, so think about the design and whether it is easy to convert the trade name to a logo related to this name.
Taking into account the factors and following the above-mentioned tips for choosing a name for your startup, make sure that you yourself are satisfied and happy with this name, as it will remain attached to your company and your business, so take your time to choose it from the beginning.